Hadley Gabriel 10
Book Report and Its Importance at College
Book reports are an informative piece of writing that discusses a book from an objective point of view. They are almost similar to a book review, but the main difference is that the book report emphasizes more on the summary of it than on the evaluation. It clearly describes how things happen in the book, focusing on themes, characters, and plot. Book reports are mostly college-level assignments with usually 250-500 words. You can also get help from essay writer.
So, before delving into the book, you need to know about the following things:
- Author of the book
- Book title
- Publication year, location, and name of the publisher
- Number of pages
Having known the above information, the next step is to answer few questions, like:
- What are the other books by the writer? Have you read his/her other books?
- What type of book is it?: biography, fiction, non-fiction, etc.? Did you like it and why?
- What does the title of the book say? Does it have any significance?
- What does the book cover say about the book? Are there any pictures/portraits? Does it spark interest?
While reading a book of fiction and biographies, keep a record of the major characters. While reading a piece of non-fiction work, look for the main ideas and be ready to talk about them. Importantly, look for the quotes that interest you and are more relatable to you. Once the reading is finished, start writing by the announcement of the book and the author. Then go on to summarize the main points from the book, your likes, dislikes, would you recommend it to others? A good essay writer online is undoubtedly a good book report writer because, like an essay, it too accounts for a clear and logical presentation of ideas. While writing a book report, look for the following g items:
- How has the writer begun the story? What part do the characters play? Which character do you like the best and why?
- Make sure you summarize all the points, and you can subsequently analyze them as well. For discussion, choose those points that are of importance to you. How is this work different from the other works of the author or other works from the same genre?
- What major motif, themes, and symbols the book makes use of, and to what effect?
- Would you suggest others give it a read and, yes, why? What makes it worth reading?
Furthermore, in order to have a clear structure and no important points are missed out, you should make an outline. The structure and practice of the book report are almost the same as that of writing essays, i.e., introduction, body, and conclusion. An outline helps you in deciding what information should be added and what should be subtracted? And also how to go about it in a logical and clear way. Afterward, the introduction is the most important part of the book report because it is the first thing that the readers read about the book. It is always advisable to start with a hook that will grab the attention of the writer. It could be a quote from the book or an aphoristic sentence. Then, in the body paragraph, summarize the main points along with your own analysis and stress the main points and themes in the book.
Ask someone to write my essay and make sure they follow all your requirements.
Critically evaluate why the writer uses a particular tone or style. Produce evidence from the book to support your own points and claims. Lastly, summarize the main points you discussed in the body paragraphs and include the evidence. It gives you an opportunity to make your reader think by asking a question about the book or drawing an analogy with other books or real-life events.
For professional writing help, you can simply consult the essay writer free online.